Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Open Letter to Lorelai on Her Birthday From Mommy

To my sweet baby girl,

What a wonderful day this is for you!  Gone are the days filled with words like "baby" and "infant", counting your age in months, and carying around this tiny little bundle of happiness.  Now our days are replaced with a smiling, talkitive, almost walking toddler who teaches us new things every day.  You are 1 today!  A single number that is finally measured in years instead of months.  What a huge milestone for you! 

Precious Angel, this has been the best year of mommy's life and it is all because of you!  Mommy and Daddy prayed for you for an entire year before you were conceived, every day that you were inside of my tummy, and every day that you have been here with us.  You are loved, wanted, perfect, and better than my wildest dreams could have ever come up with. 

You have been an easy baby from the start - very much like your Daddy.  You are loving, kind, carefree, and happy.  You have a smile that is infectious and eyes that draw people in.  You are so beautiful that you literally stop people in their tracks and you are perfectly made by God.  He crafted you to be an awesome blend of both your Mommy and your Daddy - with a little bit of unknown thrown in!  You are unbelieveably tall (not like us!) with blue eyes (also not like us!) and a face that looks just like your Daddy with your Mommy's smile and eyes thrown in.

You are stubborn and strong-willed, both traits that come from your Mommy.  :)  Those traits are what make you such a fast learner, though.  You pick up quickly on things and, once you have mastered them, move onto something else just as quickly.  You have a way to make people smile even when they don't want to.  You melt me when you give kisses, even when they are as sloppy as can be.  I love it when you crawl over to me and stand up, holding onto my legs.  I adore it and I hope you never grow out of wanting to hold onto Mommy.

I love you more than you will possibly be able to imagine until you have a child of your own.  I was so happy the day that we found out that we were having a daughter - - - you!  I was secretly praying for a little girl to love and dote on!

Lorelai, I have loved this first year being with you.  I look forward to watching you grow and mature into a wonderful little girl.  Know always that Mommy is constantly praying for you and loving you.  I am your biggest fan and I promise you that I always will be. 

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Emily said...

we plan to each write a 1st year letter too..so don't think i'm copying haha! so sweet and precious and i LOVE the new blog title, too cute!