Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mother's Day - but really LL and a fish

Now that my computer is back, I have to start the slow process of playing catch-up!  For Mother's Day dinner we went over to Bryan and Missy's (my brother-in-law and sister-in-law) house for a fish fry.  This is kind of tradition and we've done it for as many years as I can remember.  Here's my Mother's Day post from last year.

They live right down the road from us (okay, it's a little over 2 miles), and we had just bought LL a bike traylor for our bike, so Matt rode her down with that while I followed behind in the car.  I know, I'm a party pooper. 

Matt had been telling LL all day that he would take her fishing in Uncle Bryan's pond and she was super excited about it.  It was really hot, so I did NOT enjoy being outside at all, but it was worth it to see how excited she was when "she" caught a fish!


She was totally NOT a happy camper when we threw it back!  Then Matt caught a brim and she was not happy again when she couldn't hold it.  Brim's fins are way sharper than a bass, so she wasn't allowed to carry it.  It even cut Matt just when he was trying to show it to her.


Matt wore his "my wife rocks" t-shirt in honor of Mother's Day.  ;)
After dinner we rode (or drove, as the case may be) back home.  It was a fun evening out with family and LL had a blast.  Matt sure was tired from almost 5 miles of pulling LL in a bike traylor!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

2 funny things about this post: 1. you're behind but you're still wayyyy ahead of me and 2. we both blogged about fishing today! however LL's first fish was much bigger than kyes ;)